Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I sell my 5Dii for an OM-D?
In reply to demonboy, Aug 20, 2012

demonboy wrote:

msusic wrote:

What's important are the lenses and EM5 lacks some tele options such as ever present 70-200mm.
Marin

With this in mind, what do you think of adaptor rings like Novoflex? Does this suddenly offer me more options for a telephoto? I mean the telephoto isn't that big a deal for me, but it would be useful to have.

If you're going to go down the adaptor path, perhaps it would be worth considering the MFT/43s MMF-3 adaptor and the Oly 70-200 43s equivalent e.g. the SHG 35-100 f/2 or the 12-60 f/2.8-4 Pro, which by all accounts is an outstanding lens or the 50-200 f/2.8-3.5, depending how long you need to go.

You will get autofocus, although there are reports that it can be slow and can hunt but, people are using them and it may well be better than

Have a look at Mr Reichman's article about the OMD on Luminous Landscape:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/olympus_om_d_e_m5_review.shtml

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow