Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
demonboy
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Should I sell my 5Dii for an OM-D?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm a travel photographer but street is my main interest. I'm semi-pro: I get large articles published in magazines, I run workshops and I exhibit in a gallery frequently. I live on a boat and travel, so space is an issue. I'm getting a bit fed up of carting the 5Dii and the lenses (50mm prime and 70-200L) and have just found I can't get my 28-70L fixed. Up until last night I had been looking at the GX1 or similar to do street stuff and then treat myself to a wide angle for the 5Dii, thus dividing my cameras up for different jobs.

Last night I figured: what if I sell the 5Dii and buy the OM-D instead? That way I only need one camera and will have enough money to buy wide-angle, primes, pancakes and telephotos.

I have read of pro photographers doing something similar and having no regrets but I'm bothered by low-light and shallow DoF that the 5Dii excels in.

I've played with the OM-D and fell in love with it the moment I picked it up. I played with it and shot the streets (outside the camera shop) and was impressed and it could be the solution I'm looking for, but what kind of regrets could I expect to have by making this dramatic change?

Thoughts, ideas appreciated.
--
[] http://www.jamiefurlongphotography.com []
Refreshingly different travel and street

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow