ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gualberto
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
First buy: features x the money I pay - Help
Aug 20, 2012

Hello,

I'm a noob from Brazil, just about to get my first DSLR but I have a doubt...

My walet would let me acquire something around the D3100 and D5100... D3200 maybe but I find the D5100 more atractive... also, I haven't a good reason not to buy a Canon or sony but the vintage lens that belonged to my grandmother.

My doubt is just more complex than it should... if prices here in BR would be near USA/Hong Kong, I'd buy a D5100 and would be done, but it's not that simple...

While abroad you guys have a difference of prince between D51 and D31 of 100~200 dolars, here it is 500~1000 reais (=250 to 500 US$), and that would be kinda the price of 2 or 1 good prime lens...

As I think I could use better ISO, external mic jack and slightly better overall performance if it would worth it, I ask you guys who had the opportunity to use both cameras if I should pay that money for the better body or move along with a simplier body but getting more gear with it.

Another question: I wont be upgrading body before getting good glass, that may take 3 or 4 yrs... the camera I will buy will be considerably overwhealmed before that? I presume this by thinking 2 years ago, if I hadbought a D3k, I'd be craving to get a d5100 or a d7000...

Sorry for the long post, but I'm very excited and still can't figure out that practical questions, and one wrong buy here means lots of money, specially when your government bump the taxes till you get a D5100 here for the same money you could get a D7000 on B&H sometimes...

PS: If I get the D3100, I'll get it this week... the D5100, in some months maybe... I'm afraid I might be rushing a little bit by taking the cheapest just because I'd get it more soon...

Thanks!
(and sorry for any language aberration lol)

Nikon D3 Nikon D3100 Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow