Lens advice

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
perrydean
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens advice
In reply to perrydean, Aug 20, 2012

After a lot of research, advice and thinking i have decided to go with the 24-120 VR f4 and a 50mm 1.8 G. I thought to myself yes i love having the latest and greatest equipment but do i really need it and will i make the most of it. Considering photography is a hobby not a profession i don't need really need the 24-70mm 2.8g and the even bigger and heavier 80-200mm 2.8 D which i really never use. The 24-120 VR is a great walk about lens and i've seen many amazing pics on Flickr. It may not be the best lens but it still can create some brilliant photos.

When i need a lens for low light, shallow DOF just put the 50mm prime on which is light and also creates some beautiful photos. I was thinking about another prime also maybe 105mm VR Micro or the 105mm DC f2. 105mm VR Micro would be great for macro and even with portraits it's suppose to be nice but then the 105 DC f2 is in a league of it's own when it comes to portraits.

perrydean's gear list:perrydean's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow