Zion, Bryce, Arches, GC...with 12-35 & EM5 - THE REAL THREAD!

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
sebastopolgoose
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Absolutely fantastic!
In reply to RobbieV, Aug 20, 2012

Easily the best photos I've even seen taken with the EM5. Makes me itch to take mine traveling. That 12-35 looks pretty sweet, I wish it were about $800 cheaper!

As for telephoto lenses (as I saw your comment about not being entirely pleased with the ones you'd tried), a novel solution might be the legacy 4/3 70-300; I used it on my old camera, and use it with an adapter on my OM-D. It's not exactly lightning-quick focus, but it's very accurate, and the speed hasn't bothered me yet. Also, it's several hundred dollars less expensive than the Pany 100-300, even with an adapter. I've heard good things about the Oly M43 75-300, but it's somewhat slower, and the asking price is way, way, way out of the ballpark for a standard-grade, extremely slow telephoto lens.
--

The man who created the hokey pokey died peacefully in his sleep at age 90. The hardest part for his family was putting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. That was when the trouble started.

My photo blog: http://forestjarvis.blogspot.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow