Challenge from bad to worse.

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ConanFuji
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,199Gear list
Like?
Re: It's called *jealousy*...
In reply to Ronan_M, Aug 20, 2012

I like your sunflower shot a lot, the way the layers show up is eye catching, It stands out from the others. If I were to vote, I'd give it 5 stars
Thanks for the explanation.

Ronan_M wrote:

Visualist wrote:

It would be much cheaper & easier to pick a panel of eminent experienced photographers/art/ad/graphic design industry pros to judge serious, disciplined 1st tier challenges, & to pick a small group of existing experienced DPR volunteer members whose work has a tech/visual quality consistency, to host & judge a 2nd tier of Challenges.

This would eliminate most, maybe all of the discrepancies. The question is, does the DPR management staff have what it takes to make the right decisions?

Great concept of 1st tier and 2nd tier challenges. For 2nd tier, maybe DPR members who at least placed in the top-10 on previous challenges would be allowed to vote, that’d ensure a minimum of criteria?.

Also, something else to consider would be to don’t allow a photographer to vote on a challenge where he/she has submitted an entry?

ConanFuji's gear list:ConanFuji's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow