Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lisa O
Senior MemberPosts: 2,117Gear list
Like?
Re: Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Aug 20, 2012

Mr Biological_Viewfinder,

It seems as if you just come here to impress yourself. I have also noticed in some of your posts you are trying to impress one of your forum buddies with your supposed wit and criticism.

If Henri Cartier Bresson or Ansel Adams posted on these forums (from the other world) how wonderful their work was I would not believe them until I saw samples of their work. Your posts are not constructive. People come to dpreview to learn and share. They do not come here to say “Hey I’m the best. Look at my stuff and tell me I’m a master.”

There are no masters in photography everyone is a student even the “Pros”, even those with years of experience. If you are not learning you are losing out.

A productive forum member participates with constructive criticism and examples. If not their own work one can point to other photographers examples of how to be helpful.

Most people come here because they are enthusiasts and get joy out of making photographs and learning about photography. Saying it’s a pro forum is really incorrect. I think 80% if not more of the high end prosumer DSLRs are owned by those who do not derive most of their income from photography. In today’s economic climate it is the working photographer that can least afford the luxury of the +$3000 body.

I have been coming to these forums for over 10 years and it is people like you who discourage others from participating, enjoying and getting the most out of their experience here.
--
see about me in my profile for more info
http://500px.com/LisaOsta
http://www.flickr.com/photos/losta

Lisa O's gear list:Lisa O's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
JokeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow