Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phixer323
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
A Funny Thing Happened with the K5
Aug 20, 2012

I was on a twelve hour motorsports shoot. Twice during the latter part of the shoot my K5 locked up and the LCD screen turned all different colors that resembled electronic noise. It wouldn't immediately turn off, so the first time I pulled off the battery grip and removed the battery. Put it back together and it worked for a couple of hours. Then it acted up again this time I turned it off and waited. After a minute, it turned off by itself. The battery charge showed it had plenty of power remaining. I was using a Meike battery grip and Lenmar second battery. After the second encounter, it worked fine the rest of the night. Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas what happened? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Phixer323's gear list:Phixer323's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow