Is my Hard Drive dying???

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
NewYorkEd
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515
Like?
Zapped out again....
In reply to NewYorkEd, Aug 19, 2012

My computer ran without that problem on Saturday - and today, Sunday, but just zapped out at 5 PM after running good most of the day. I pulled the plug and waited a few minutes and started it up again and 2 minutes later it zapped out again. I opened the case and removed the extra 4 GB of RAM that I installed about 2 months ago. So at 6 PM I am up again. I don't know if the extra 4GB of RAM is the problem but I will leave it out and see what happens.

sjgcit and skyglider mentioned an external hard drive. I do have an external hard drive so all my file are safe. But now I am thinking of getting a second external hard drive for extra security. This has showed me that anything can happen at any time.

Gale Bizet mentioned to install an extra fan - good thought. I had a fan in my computer box, still new in the wrapper, and I just hooked it up to the back of the computer, it even has a green light on it.

So, I'm going to leave the computer on and see if removing the RAM makes a difference. Also, I double-checked the RAM to see if it was the type for this computer and the answer is yes.
Ed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow