Is my Hard Drive dying???

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
NewYorkEd
NewYorkEd OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,515
Zapped out again....

My computer ran without that problem on Saturday - and today, Sunday, but just zapped out at 5 PM after running good most of the day. I pulled the plug and waited a few minutes and started it up again and 2 minutes later it zapped out again. I opened the case and removed the extra 4 GB of RAM that I installed about 2 months ago. So at 6 PM I am up again. I don't know if the extra 4GB of RAM is the problem but I will leave it out and see what happens.

sjgcit and skyglider mentioned an external hard drive. I do have an external hard drive so all my file are safe. But now I am thinking of getting a second external hard drive for extra security. This has showed me that anything can happen at any time.

Gale Bizet mentioned to install an extra fan - good thought. I had a fan in my computer box, still new in the wrapper, and I just hooked it up to the back of the computer, it even has a green light on it.

So, I'm going to leave the computer on and see if removing the RAM makes a difference. Also, I double-checked the RAM to see if it was the type for this computer and the answer is yes.
Ed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow