Interesting Legal Judgement

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
rer
rer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,181
Like?
Re: small mind?
In reply to IcyVeins, Aug 19, 2012

You have to decide are you a professional photographer or an individual that likes to take pics?

If you are a professional photograher you provide a service for compensation. If someone comes looking for the service you provide and has the necessary compensation then what is the problem? Done deal. You do your part and provide the photographic service and they do their part and compensate you for the service.

You do not have to convert to their way of thinking it doesn't have to change you in any way. You do not have to be their best friend and you do not have to go after future business with them by trying to sell them aniversary portraits or family portraits etc.... Do the job you are being paid for and move on.

If you cannot do that then you really are descriminating against someone. You would be screaming the other way if someone came in and said "oh you shoot Canon? I don't think I can let you take my portrait. I only let Nikon shooters take my picture"

Sounds dumb doesn't it?

you can all argue your point of view and it all comes from personal bias. If you want to be a professional photographer you need to get over it and learn to be tollerant of other's beliefs when it comes to business.

For cyin out loud you are all on here complaining that clients are hard to come by. Are you really going to turn someone away because of a personal bias? Then don't complain you don't have enough clients.

Ron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow