Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample stills & video

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
3DMOVIEMAN
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Re: Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample stills & video
In reply to electrosim2001, Aug 19, 2012

Each camera has it's quirks, I don't really like that the Z100 defaults to 2D mode but it's easily fixed with a press of a button. My 3D Bloggie randomly freezes while taking stills, I have to wait about 30 or 45 seconds and then power it back on. I sent it back to Sony for repair but they said it was functioning correctly. Like I said cameras have quirks, I like the Z100 and I like the Bloggie but each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

electrosim2001 wrote:

I bought a Z100 direct from Toshiba, and I quite liked it, but it had one feature I just couldn't accept. Every time I switched it to standby, by closing the LCD screen, and then switched it back on, it defaulted to 2D. This meant powering on, which is quick, but then switching modes, 2D to 3D, which is anything but quick. That was the deal breaker so it went back for refund.

I didn't find the video much different from the video shot on my Bloggie.

However whilst the Z100 has a wider ia ( Z100 30mm, Bloggie 20mm ) the stereo window is set closer on the Bloggie which makes its 3D seem deeper as you appear to be looking through the screen.

The Z100 screen was bigger though, and yes it really features a stereo mic/line-in socket.

It's nicely made, for the money, and it has a zoom which although digital, could be useful, on accasions. It's a touch bulky for pocketing and suitable really for a jacket pocket, having been built wide enough to accomodate its 30mm ia.

On balance I would still probably opt for the Bloggie even if the Z100 didn't keep defaulting to 2D, because it is so convenient ( it fits into a shirt pocket ) and takes excellent video and stills that look great on my 51" plasma TV.

I now own a Panasonic 3D1 but I'm still keeping the Bloggie, it's just so handy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow