7D Mark II (latest rumour as of 8,19,12)

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: 7D Mark II (latest rumour as of 8,19,12)
In reply to Ken53, Aug 19, 2012

Well.. I'm not sure there's enough there that I'd jump. I'm not to keen on 6 more MP on a crop camera (guess that would have to depend on just how much work was done with the sensor.. 2 more FPS is nice, but O.K. really.. it already sounds like a machine gun when I'm in high speed. Would have to see what they did with Video.. Full time auto focus (STM) would be nice to be able to use new continuous video autofocus pancake lens. (Boy that would tick off 5DmkIII folks where STM is not provided, but was on the new Ti camera already)

Ken53 wrote:

( Quote from Northlight )...

Do remember that much of the info is rumour from the web, and what we get sent, so treat what you read with due levels of scepticism.

2012 August 19th

In an interesting comment, we're told [thanks] that a 7Dmk2 is on its way and that it is firmly aimed at providing a high specification crop camera.

Key specs were:

24MP - an all new sensor with phase AF on chip and noticeably lower noise than the current 18MP.

1Dx/5D3 based AF system.

10 FPS.

ISO 100-25600.

High speed video, with still capture.

Improved durability and sealing.

Available this year.

(end of quote).

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow