7D firmware 2.0 & the vertical banding issue

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: 7D firmware 2.0 Doesn't cause VB
In reply to kcbeatty, Aug 19, 2012

Agreed.. Lots of good and useful things in the upgrade. If I understand the banding issue correctly, they may have been able to do something with it in the Firmware (they do address it somewhat in DPP), but I don't think there is anything that could be done to address the overall DR of the sensor (although I could be wrong - John is more knowledgeable in that regard).

Not to cause any undo speculation, but I don't know that we're going to see a successor to the 7D any time soon. I found it interesting that Canon came out with the 5DmkIII and then followed that up with a Ti family camera that had a better video focusing system that the 5DmkIII didn't have. So, I'm staying pat for now. My 7D and 5DmkII cover most all the bases. I have a 40D I'm thinking about converting to full time IR.

kcbeatty wrote:

Hi Jay,

I see your point and agree. I for one believe that Canon has done a good job of vetting this firmware before releasing it. I've never in my 28 years of IT experience seen a perfect software upgrade. You can test until you are blue in the face and still have some bugs in a new release. I still can't believe that they spent the time and money to create this new firmware. They could have just applied all these new features in the next 7D successor.
--
Kevin

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow