The Panasonic 12-35mm FAQ.......

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dixa
Contributing MemberPosts: 808
Like?
Re: Irony...
In reply to Anders W, Aug 19, 2012

pretty sure we were well aware of the types of CA shown. it however didn't need three different threads where the op waffled from jpg, to raw then back to jpg and complained yet again in a new thread instead of revisiting one of the other two.

reminds me of this thread..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1006&thread=42292921

Anders W wrote:

Dixa wrote:

Anders W wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

is clearly not your forte.....

It sure is. But the ability to distinguish the non-ironic from the ironic parts of a post containing both apparently isn't yours. The answers that I corrected were not meant to be ironic. If you think differently, just spell out what you have in mind.

Much of the rest was clearly meant to be ironic (though it doesn't qualify as very good irony in my book) so I refrained from correcting that.

Never mind, go have a lie down, you'll feel better after that ;).

No reason for me to lie down. I am just fine. Your lack of a substantive answer clearly demonstrates that, as usual, you don't quite know what you are talking about. And that as usual, you revert to insults when you are cornered. No surprises here.

Anders, seriously you need to chill out fella and stop taking yourself so seriously, I don't :).

Oh, I am cool as butter milk. What makes you think differently?

But unlike you I rarely take myself and my know-how too seriously. If you try to make fun of others as you did in this case, (ianbrown's THIRD UNIQUE THREAD about CA on the 12-35), you had better know what you are talking about. Otherwise, the final laugh is on you.

fixed that for you. check the bolded section.

No reason to fix anything. I already know that perfectly well. What you and others have overlooked is that the examples shown in the first two threads were examples of lateral CA whereas those in the last thread are examples of longitudinal CA or a mix of the two types. For reasons spelled out in ianbrown's last thread as well as here, it's important to keep these two types of CA apart. And I see nothing wrong with a new thread discussing the one type of CA just because the other has already been discussed. Regardless of ianbrown's own thinking about the problem, such threads presumably help others interested in the same lens to get a clearer grasp of the problems and the potential solutions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow