Win 7/64 Update Failure.

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
TBoyd
Contributing MemberPosts: 558
Like?
I had problems with this last multiple Windows Update also
In reply to lylejk, Aug 19, 2012

I noticed that some Win 7 MS updates - months ago - containing a long list of important & recommended updates - had some of those updates automatically unchecked. I'm guessing that those were not to be installed until the checked updates were installed.

This last set of updates had all of them checked, when maybe some should not have been first priority in the update order.

Many of those updates that came out a few days ago failed to install, and I do remember that I got several instances of Windows messages stating that my display driver had stopped responding & was restarted.

I made notes of all the "KB" updates that failed & located each one in the MS download site. Most of them successfully installed individually, but some didn't. After installing all those on my PC that were successful, the other previously failed KBs would install. Plus - the display driver issues disappeared.

I'm no expert on this, but it seems that MS checked all the latest updates by default, when it shouldn't have.

Another thing that was puzzling is that my laptop - also running Win 7 - updated all at once with no problem!

-- hide signature --

TBoyd

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow