Frustrated by Panasonic 12-35

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
aljudy
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
Re: Wash, rinse, repeat....
In reply to papillon_65, Aug 19, 2012

Brilliant scenario going the other way. This highlights the difficulty so well; thanks... Al

papillon_65 wrote:

Let me put it another way, here's a scenario for you...

Person A "I bought the m.zuiko 75-300mm to use on my Panasonic Gxxx and I keep getting blurry pictures"

Person B "That's because it's a long focal length and your camera doesn't have IBIS and neither does the lens have OIS, which would help"

Person A "Why doesn't my camera have IBIS? why doesn't my lens have OIS? I paid £600 for this lens and I'd expect it to be pin sharp on all cameras"

Person B "Well you could use a tripod or support the lens, otherwise it is what it is, you should have researched the lens/camera combination beforehand"

Person A "Well I'm not a happy bunny....."

1 week later....

Person A "I bought the m.zuiko 75-300mm to use on my Panasonic Gxxx and I keep getting blurry pictures"

Person B "That's because it's a long focal length and your camera doesn't have IBIS and neither does the lens have OIS, which would help"........

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Does that ring any bells?

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer of family mainly

aljudy's gear list:aljudy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow