Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,305Gear list
Like?
X-S1 -- biting sharpness in LR4 ...
Aug 19, 2012

I have spent a great deal of time in Winnipeg this summer, visiting family.

I took the X-S1 with me for the first trip and left it home for the second (Fuji have lots of these passing around and have left it with me for several months now) ...

I am slowly processing the 3000 images I shot with the D7000, X-S1 and F550 over those 4.5 weeks and encountered this shot of a Flamingo through a chicken wire fence. Since the D7000 had been pretty much destroyed half an hour earlier, I stuck the X-S1 up against the wire and shot several images, one of which turned out pretty nicely.

The background is wonky, possibly because of the interference pattern caused by the wires, but the subject is rendered quite nicely in my opinion. I have many other images from this camera, some from the zoo and many of my niece and nephew. It has done a very good job overall, but processing RAF files is more difficult than NEF files, so I would always give shooting preference to the D7000.

Edit: Found another from the same day ... shot through glass. Not quite as biting, but the tone and colour work for me ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow