Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mwinter
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon 7D Firmware v2 - Problem?
Aug 19, 2012

I have just bought my 7D and after upgrading the Firmware to version 2.0.0 I started the set up process.

I was keen to use the C1, C2 and C3 (Cx) functions for different styles. I had anticipated these being very useful indeed and expected to be able to set shooting mode (P, Tv, Av, etc) from the Q-screen. However, I find that I cannot set it from this screen and it is set at 'P', which is not what I want at all, and I can see no other way of setting shooting mode in Cx.

Also I quite like the viewfinder grids but find that Grid 1 and Grid 2 return the same grid (Grid 2 I think with 4 horizontal and six vertical lines, either only one option rather than two).

Am I missing something with the Cx modes or is there a major error in the firmware update?

Can anyone help with the Grid issue?

Is anyone experiencing the same problems and effects?

Hope you can help. Superb bit of kit, by the way, and looking forward to getting it properly set up so that I can start the on the learning curve to exploiting its fuller capabilities.

Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow