Urgent r3000 problem Locked

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,161Gear list
Re: Curious....
In reply to probert500, Aug 19, 2012

I think there may be a basic difference between the Windows driver and the Mac OS driver. Yes, when I select Glossy and I have Matte ink loaded, I get the message that the selection does not match the loaded ink. The only way to change the black ink on the r3000 is to pick "change black ink" in the menu on the printer and press select. The printer then changes the ink and clears the line, takes a minute or so. In the past, the driver also causes you to have to go into System Preferences and change the "instance" of the printer so that it can recognize the new black ink. However, I have mostly been doing this because it always worked this way (I guarantee you that it definitely worked this way with the r2880, it was a constant souce of annoyance and related to the Epson driver, not the Mac OS). But I haven't actually tried just printing immediately after changing the black ink. I'll try that and tell you all what happens. I could be wrong about changing the preference. Maybe they fixed that problem.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow