Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Sale on Image Trends "defish" software
Aug 19, 2012

I know a bunch of people here just bought the Rokinon (Samyang) fisheye lens during the sale on BuyDig. There's a 40% sale now on all Image Trends plug-ins, including Hemi Fisheye (recommended in a thread in another forum: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1017&message=42245247 ). To get the sale price, just install the trial version (download here: http://www.imagetrendsinc.com/products/prodpage_hemi.asp ), and give it a try to see if you like it.

If you want to buy, just go to use the trial version on an image in Photoshop (or other compatible product), and it will offer you the opportunity to buy it or continue in trial mode (which leaves watermarks all over the image). Select the buy option, which will take you to a purchase web site, and use the coupon code "Last40"

That takes the price of the Hemi Fisheye plugin down from $30 to $18. There are three Hemi Fisheye filters for different types of fisheye lenses. The "Hemi 2 (full frame)" filter works best with the Rokinon/Samyang 7.5. These are "one click" filters in Photoshop, no adjustment sliders.

Here are three versions of two sample shots showing uncorrected, corrected using Hemi Fisheye, and corrected in Lightroom 3.6 or Camera Raw using a Nikon 10.5mm fisheye lens profile. For the atrium photo, I think Fisheye Hemi worked great, preserving almost all of the full frame of the original image and giving a great result. For the closeup of the building exterior, it didn't defish the image to the extent possible using LR and the Nikon lens profile, but the LR method loses quite a bit of the image.

One note: my Photoshop installation is not in the default folder, and the installer for Hemi Fisheye apparently could not find the right PS folder to deposit the filters. I had to contact tech support and get instructions for manually copying the filters from the Hemi Fisheye folder to the right Photoshop folder. Here are their instructions (I just had to change the destination path to the correct one for PS on my computer):

The plug-in files will be in:

Hemi:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Image Trends Inc\Hemi 1.0

where "C:" is the drive where you installed the plug-in on your machine.

Move the following files:

Hemi:
Fisheye-Hemi 1 (Circle) x64.8bf
Fisheye-Hemi 2 (Full Frame)
x64.8bf
Fisheye-Hemi 3 (Cropped) x64.8bf

to
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 bit)\Plug-Ins\Filters
and/or
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 bit)\Plug-Ins\Filters

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow