u4/3 was good choice G2 + (mostly) 12-50 photos

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
steppenwolfer
Contributing MemberPosts: 802Gear list
Like?
Re: 17 photos
In reply to Elemental Photography, Aug 19, 2012

Elemental Photography wrote:

That is a nice set of travel photos. I also love the effect of the polarizer for dramatic skies. Personally, I find some of the more industrial subject matter out of place in the series, though still well shot.

Thank you for comment. Partially I agree regarding industrial matter, but these were all views seen on a route, so that is why I decided to add them in series..

I'm doing a similar trip (also with a G2) myself. I did go the fast prime route, with the 14/20/45 combo. It's been fantastic for just about everything I've encountered, with the obvious exception of distant wildlife. I'm not much of a wildlife shooter though, so I don't mind the lack of reach in exchange for sheer portability.

For longer reach I highly recommend 40-150 lens which is light and small, but very good.
Mind to share more about your trip?

I was also thinking about primes, but I would have to change lenses more often (which I don't like so much). On top of that 12-50 start at 12 mm and costed me very little. So I decided that would be more than adequate for most of photo opportunities I expected.

Regards

steppenwolfer's gear list:steppenwolfer's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow