Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biological_Viewfinder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,193
Like?
Forum Moderation
In reply to Pedro Dias, Aug 19, 2012

Pedro Dias wrote:

I completely agree with the OP, but I feel the problem is lack of moderator action.

I feel the same way. I think that a good solution would be to have DPR staff handpick people who wish to moderate in each and every forum (1 forum maximum per moderator).

These lead moderators would then choose other moderators to assist them.

The moderators would have the ability to move posts to other forums and to temporarily ban people.

There would be no mercy. This place needs a clean up in a bad way. Insult someone personally, you're gone for anywhere from a day to a week to a month, starting that very day!

In less than 2 months, this place would be so calm you could skip a rock across it and it would just go and go and go. The waves would be gone. People would start being nicer to one another.

Everyone would have a right to appeal a ban, and moderators could be reported to DPR staff for favortism, not moderating, choosing only their close friends instead of the best qualiified, etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
JokeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow