Website photoshoot, C&C requested

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
DecibelPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 650
Like?
Re: Website photoshoot, C&C requested
In reply to operator911, Aug 19, 2012

I won't comment on the composition or subject matter (this is fairly subjective, and I think you are on the right path). But I can tell you a little about the lighting.

For one, shooting on an overcast day is totally fine, and actually a lot easier. If you shoot on a sunny day you will need to be in open shade, with no direct sunlight on any of your set (the background is fine). To tell you the truth, I think that your lighting is pretty damn good.

The main problem you have is that your exposures are about half a stop to a full stop too dark, maybe even more. This is a very quick curves adjustment (that should be executed in camera with exposure) - show it to your wife and ask her if it is closer to what she is looking for. I know there are blown out areas, but this often doesn't matter, and there are ways to deal with that if it is important to retain detail. Just don't blow out what you are trying to sell. Especially for web, images should be very bright, high-key, and eye catching.

Hope this helps...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow