ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MaartenSFS
Contributing MemberPosts: 742
Like?
Epic Motor Quests of August 2012 - FZ150
Aug 19, 2012

I know that it's been a while since my last update, but I have a good excuse;

It's been a crazy month, with the birth of our daughter, the discovery (in a very bad way) of a species of poison sumac (related to poison ivy) in China, and more exploratory missions than my bottom appreciates.. And now, the photos:

At around 1350 metres elevation we entered a considerable tract of cloud forest.

Trekking across a vast plateau that stretched out between several peaks at over 1600 metres elevation..

Last Thursday I spent over ten hours riding on some of the worst roads I have ever encountered - bad enough to make grown men squeal in agony as their testicles disintegrate into nothing. This waterfall was my only useable shot of the day, but in the early afternoon I stopped to join some local boys that were cliff diving into a deep bend of a teal river. That was worth the trip alone, but I will have to wait until the roads improve before I can use the region for adventure trips.

Yesterday I was finally able to improve upon a shot I took in 2008. We were blessed, as a typhoon on the coast created some of the clearest skies I have ever seen in Guangxi.

The man behind the swinging doors drove a tough bargain when we negotiated the price for a small group of people to spend the night, but you would too if it took five hours of walking in either direction to get to the next village.

We sloshed up and down this jungle river for hours to get the village and back. That was the "trail" that locals use to travel back and forth. Next week I plan to reach the same village from the other side of the mountain range and then plan an itinerary for my adventure tourism business.

My Chinese friend, Niu Geng (牛耕), a city boy, was surprised and moved that patches of rainforest exist in his country.

Me, once again enchanted by the discoveries that I continue to make in this exotic land..

On the way back home we witnessed the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen in my life. We failed to arrive at the best place to photograph it in time, though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Until the next time, I hope that you all enjoy them!
--

• Cheers, Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow