Is Fuji worth it?

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,057
Like?
Re: Thom to the rescue.
In reply to Billx08, Aug 18, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

.... Maybe you're not used to dealing with experts that have "trained eyes" and are able to easily see differences that most of us wouldn't notice.

You must be joking ... or simply not aware of what kinds of "eyes" it takes to earn a living as a serious photographer. I do, indeed, have trained eyes and can easily see differences that most don't notice. The magazine photo editors I work for have similarly trained eyes and let nothing get past them. If I want to work for them on a regular basis, I had better deliver the things they definitely DO notice!

Hey, I have work hanging in museums, for Pete's sake.

Regarding everything else you wrote, Thom's list of "disciplines" make sense, and few would disagree with him. But I definitely and decidedly disagree with his assessment of the print quality that is possible with the X10 at large sizes. Indeed, there are any number of photographers I know who generally shoot full frame high end gear and have recently discovered the X10. They've said the same thing about its VERY surprising ability to deliver shots capable of excellent large prints.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
http://www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow