What is this forum supposed to be about?

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom2572
Contributing MemberPosts: 953
Like?
What is this forum supposed to be about?
Aug 18, 2012

Over the past few weeks I've seen a number of posts saying the talk around here is too technical and that there isn't enough discussion about photography. My response is, where in the forum summary: "Welcome to the Sony SLR Talk Forum, the place to discuss Sony Digital SLRs." does it say that the discussion is supposed to be about photography?

I don't want this to sound harsh, but I do come here to talk technology. I'll post photos and provide C&C to other photographers when they ask, but I'm looking at your photos from Greece to see how the Sony 50/1.4 lens performs on your A57 in harsh sunlight, I'm looking at your pretty flower photos to see what the bokeh looks like with the 30/2.8 macro lens you are using, and I'm looking at your nighttime dog photos to see how your A57 handles ISO 3200. I didn't look at them because the topics interested me, and I'm not looking to see whether you followed the rule of thirds or not, but if you asked for C&C I'll certainly tell you (gently) that you might have cropped it a little differently to get the subject into better alignment if it needed it.

Am I wrong in how I approach this forum?

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow