Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tallshorty
Contributing MemberPosts: 720
Like?
Tamron 24-70mm VC focusing issues...
Aug 18, 2012

I've been not too happy with my Tamron 24-70mm VC on my Canon 5D III. I sold my Canon 24-70mm L to get this lens and maybe experience remorse. I have had the Tamron lens for over a month now and find the AF aweful. In terms of sharpness, the tamron is as sharp as the Canon when it focuses properly. The lens front focuses and requires MA. I never have to MA any of my Canon lenses. But the most frustrating part is I adjusted for the centre focus point but when I use the perimeter focus points, they become back focused. So then I adjust for perimeter focus points and the centre focus point gets a bit front focused.

Any one else having this problem? is it my MA method?

Here is how I do my MA:
1) turn on live view and use the quick mode (so uses phase AF)

2) point at a subject 10-20 feet away and focus on it (preferably words with a white background like a license plate)
3) turn focus ring towards or away from infinity until achieve optimal sharpness
4) go into MA menu and adjust AF accordingly 1-3 stops.
5) repeat until get consistent results.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow