Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
tashley
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,134Gear list
Like?
Re: tashley
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Aug 18, 2012

I understand your reasoning and agree with large parts of it... but when you know your work is good, then ill-informed or construed criticism becomes irrelevant and there are lots of people on here who aren't cynical or sarcastic and who really like to see good images. There are also lots of people who might make constructive comment, rather than criticism, that might be useful or interesting to even the best photographer. Despite the carping here, there are a still plenty of good guys.

All that said there's no reason you should share, other than the pleasure and edification it might give others, but I do think that criticising the work of others rings hollow with many readers unless they can see the base from which you criticise. I know you don't agree but it's clear from the responses in this thread that many people feel that way.

ps I don't think really good work can be copied, just imitated or aped, so you should have no real worries there!

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

Number 1: That's on purpose. I have wonderful pictures, but I don't need any help to understand that. I don't require anyone's praise to realize that. I don't need to share my work anywhere, and I certainly don't want people copying my work.

Number 2: Even if I posted an image that would make mother's cry, angel's sing, and dead men dance; the cynical, sarcastic people on the internet would find something, anything at all, wrong with it.

tashley wrote:

I can't help but wonder why, given his complaint, the OP has no images in his gallery, nor a link to any in his signature?

-- hide signature --

Gallery & Blog : http://www.timashley.com

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

-- hide signature --

Gallery & Blog : http://www.timashley.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
JokeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow