Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Method007
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Aug 18, 2012

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

I really think it would be in poor taste to give examples, but I'm really just astounded by the lack of photographic ability, either technically or creatively on these forums. You would think that some of the greatest cameras ever made would result in some really stunning work. And occasionally that does happen; but more often than not, the pictures are really just demonstrations of resolution and really not much else.

Here's a picture of my hometown, and the sky is blown out completely. But everyone cheers the guy on anyway. Good job, you did good capturing the buildings. No one even notices that the sky is a white nothingness. Or the shot that's just plain useless. Here's my little kid or my dog... SO WHAT!

It's really frustrating to see so many people with so much money and no ability.

I mean a D4 outfit must cost $15,000 easily. And I'm seeing snapshot quality composition from even these guys???? The resolution is there, but the thought isn't.

The worst are those who ask for C&C; because you arleady know that if they need critisim, they haven't found their way yet. It's just painful.

And then I google images for D800 or D4 or D3s and I'm BLOWN AWAY by what people are doing out there. Just not here. I guess this is the place where you honk your horn, "HEY I JUST BOUGHT A $6,000 CAMERA!!! Doesn't that make me important?"

Sigh.
--

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

If I am about to pan an entire forum, I would at least spell check my post. The worst type of person to me is one who stomps on a rookie and people just coming up. Clearly you don't have much confidence in your own work or you would have posted a picture at some point in your prior posts on this website. I would assume that's where the anger is coming from? Look this may shock you so sit down - some things require experience. Amazingly, photography is one of them. I know it sounds crazy, but people often ask each other for help - they don't just insult each others work / ambition / pursuits. People with less experience (get ready for it) - STILL POST PHOTOS! It's a crazy concept I know, but you see it's the basis of the forum concept. People posting and what not... ahh.. you bore me. I had more to say but I just realized your probably in the middle of an amazing photo shoot in Bora Bora and I don't want to take up more of your time. Say hi to the swimsuit models for me!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
JokeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow