Started Aug 18, 2012 | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MShields
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Gitzo travel/backpack tripod w ballhead
Aug 18, 2012

Gitzo G-1158 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber tripod with an Acratech Ultimate ballhead and model 2138 Quick release plate.

The specs of the tripod are available on B&H's website even though it is no longer avaialable for sale. The acratech ballhead weighs less than 1 lb and according to the company "easily holds over 25 lbs at any angle". I used the tripod for travel with my Nikon D200 and midrange zoom and I got great, sharp pictures. Not sure about the 25 lb claim - that seems like a stretch. But it is a great very light but solid travel or backpacking tripod.

It was lightly used but it does show moderate use marks (a few scuffs, slight wear at the edge of the Gitzo and 6X labels. One corner of the ballhead plate-mount has a very small dent, another corner has the paint slightly scraped off. These are cosmetic things. The tripod and head function perfectly and Gitzos last forever.

The 2138 QR plate serves a number of cameras - the list is available at Acratech's website - search the site for 2138.

Tripod and head were purchased in 2007 for just over $800 combined. Will sell for $525 plus shipping.

Martin

FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread open
View using Google Maps: NJ, United States

Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow