Hesitating between Canon 5D Mark III and Nikon D800

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
rwbaron
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,425Gear list
Like?
Re: Hesitating between Canon 5D Mark III and Nikon D800
In reply to bobn2, Aug 18, 2012

You almost suceeded into baiting me further into a reply to each of your points but I'm not going there and just deleted everything I typed. It serves no purpose and I have a full weekend that does not include a useless debate with you about something so trivial.

I find it interesting that you're taking this high minded position about my calling a statement BS. You're accusing me of bias which probably has some merit but guess what Bob, you're as biased as any of us and you're not the pure thinker you'd like us to believe you are. I can't remember the last time I've read anything from you that was positive about a Canon camera or lens. In your World Canon is at best maybe as good as Nikon in some areas but never better and that's fine for you to believe but don't expect to promote that attitude in the Canon forum without people taking issue.

Now back to my original point. You take two very accomplished photographers, one with a D800 and one with a 5D3. They both use the same Zeiss prime to shoot a scene in the way they see best to capture with their equipment. You have them work their files in post for the best result and then display on a large high quality monitor and make a 20x30 inch print. Have a panel of 10 experienced photographers examine both the monitor display and the prints and rate them. Do you really believe the D800 is going to be the decisive pick in that comparison? I'd bet money it would be very difficult to tell them apart and it would come down to subjective preferences.

It's a beautiful weekend in my part of the World and although a busy one I hope to work in some shooting with my 7D and new G1X. I suggest you get out with your new D800 and do the same.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow