high res antiglare or retina for editing

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,134
Like?
Re: high res antiglare or retina for editing
In reply to Markbk, Aug 18, 2012

Hard to say because it's choice based on two issues (to me), for a not officially anti glare screen: 1) is it accurate enough (as you mention) and 2) Is the glare and off angle viewing enough of a distraction or negative to be a factor.

I've sat in front of the Retina but haven't used it for editing. I have done editing on a high-res non glare matte MBP for several years, which I favor greatly over the standard glossy MBP screen, and my results translating to other environments have been fine.

That said, my personal opinion is that the Retina MBP screen, though not officially non-glare, has a fairly reduced amount of the sheeny mirror-like glossiness that I found bothersome in Apple's recent standard glossy screens. I am interested in what others' experiences have been as far as how their work on the Retina has translated elsewhere, but for me the RMBP pretty much negates my reason for looking only at a matte option as far as the former issue. I don't find it to be a troublesome mirror-y environment (as noticing I need to shave as I edit) like the glossy non-Retina.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow