RX100 vs XZ-1 video

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 6,936Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 vs XZ-1 video
In reply to tbcass, Aug 18, 2012

I am all over the forum and have benefited from words ever since rx100 was announced. thanks to all.

sorry, I only got a bit rude because he/she has a deadline, and it is so easy to try and return one these days, and for the stated needs, no one can really give a definitive answer in words or sample clips.

amazon pays return shipping. their policies get them more sales, so they can handle the returns, so don't feel guilty, and, presumably you will keep it, and if you return it, it is because you found out it does not fit your needs.

video/audio is the trickiest thing to get info about. I tried unsuccessfully on Canon, Olympus, and Sony forums.

When you find some video 'talk', audio is hardly mentioned, or samples have music tracks added, and what pp was done?

Anyone's idea of what is good enough for themselves cannot be conveyed to others well, and I would never say it will be good enough for you. Just that it is damn good enough for me.

dp and other long established sites video/audio comments in reviews are really worthless IMO. they need to add staff that know how to test and convey video/audio comparatively.

video/audio was a big question for me. I gave up on words and went to the Sony store, had them unlock it from the counter, give me a sd card from another camera, went to their home theater section, had them juice up the volume like a live club, and took test movies right there. that was hard to arrange as you can imagine.

I know apologies with explanations aren't really apologies, but I agree I could have been nicer.

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus 1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow