Is Fuji worth it?

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
mwhyte
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Fuji worth it?
In reply to kernelpanic, Aug 18, 2012

Remember the X10 has an F2.0 - F2.8 lens that goes from 28 to 112mm in a nice compact body that is nicely designed ....Take a look at the Sony Nex and look at the soup can lenses that you have to bolt on to it....To my eyes Sony Nex has always looked awkward to me with these tiny camera bodies with these large lenses bolted on it...I guess I am in the minority here as I think they are selling well...

Anyways...although I have not compared these two cameras....image quality wise....I would be willing to trust your opinion and agree that any Nex with a huge sensor will out perform any sensor that is many times smaller such as the 2/3" sensor in the X10...but one must zoom in quite a bit to see that difference, I would think...and I am willing to bet that must people notwithstanding those on these forums...choose cameras with "decent" quality...but which handle well...look nice...and are reliable...The majority of people do not zoom into pictures and compare photo quality...

So I still believe, even with the Fujifilm X10's smaller sensor...that it can compete with the Nex F3 at a similar price....It can do so because it has a convenient built in and bright high quality lens with a longer and more flexible focal length and it has an attractively designed retro looking body with high quality metal knobs that can control many aspects of the camera with out going into menus...

Remember sensor size and 100% pixel level picture quality (while important) is only one of many factors consumers use when purchasing a camera...

With all this said....FuijiFilim can not stand still...I believe these new 1" sensors in the RX100 and Nikon 1 system represent a nice sweet spot between small and large sensors...and I hope that maybe Fujifilm develops a camera with a 1" sensor...With the success of the RX100 I would bet a lot of camera manufacturers will start using 1" sensors in their higher end compacts...

This is all just my humble 2 cent opinions...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow