G1X and 60 sec. exposure in a bright sunny day!! (pics)

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
juantastico
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
Re: G1X and 60 sec. exposure in a bright sunny day!! (pics)
In reply to Randy Benter, Aug 18, 2012

No tape was used, sometimes I had to put my hand-up to block the light (but not often).

So far It seems that the light leakage only occurs when the camera is in vertical position and light is in such angle that will leak in (this could also happen when in horizontal position, but I haven't encounter any issues here yet). Again I have not taken many pictures yet, so I need to take more picture to have a more solid conclusion/findings. But one thing is certain-the filter adapter is not well designed for the use of ND filters as it does leak light.

More about this issue here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1010&thread=42217412

Randy Benter wrote:

Did you use tape to stop the light leak from the Canon adapter or was it just mysteriously present on some shots and absent on others? I notice one of these shots is the same as the other thread but one looks good, while the other is ruined. It would be nice to use filters with the G1X, but I am not going to put tape on my camera to fix a problem that Canon should address.

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Juan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow