7D firmware 2.0 & the vertical banding issue

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: 7D firmware 2.0 & the vertical banding issue
In reply to kcbeatty, Aug 18, 2012

Kevin,

There are lots of ways to localize the area you want to work on to avoid, which you accurately talk to, global changes to the rest of the image. The LR4 adjustment brush is a great example of being able to mask off the shadow area you'd like to raise without touching the rest of the image. Additionally, onOne lets you "paint" in an adjustment area in a similar fashion.

kcbeatty wrote:

Well, I can confirm that the problem doesn't appear to be a FW 2.0 issue. When I made the described adjustments in an image shot last month and compared to an image I shot after the FW update the results were basically the same.

My problem is that the premiss of this complaint is flawed. Taking an image that has some areas of dark shadows. You apply a global change to the entire image to correct these specific issues. And then you complain that the areas of the image that were properly exposed are adversely effected? I'm sorry that I don't see this as a camera issue. Am I missing something here?
--
Kevin

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow