Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JMacedo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,336Gear list
Like?
D800 & 351.4G Handeld Landscape
Aug 18, 2012

I have no experience shooting landscapes, this is a first but I would like to learn.

During my trip to Vietnam I shot several landscapes, I used the 14-24 for most of them and I have the feeling that they are not as good as the ones with the 35mm but I have yet to pp them to really see if I am right or wrong about that.

I have the impression that using the 14-24 everything in the pic was too far away, or too much foreground and sky in the frame but as I have thousands of pictures to process I will have to wait to see.

A thing that is bothering me is that this was kind of a pp experiment so, today I decided to learn some photoshop techniques from some magazines and I spent all day to process this picture I had to start again from the scratch several times and in the end I can't remember all the steps I did in order to get this result. Lesson learnt, next time I will take some notes.

I like the final result but I would like to hear what you honestly think.

Many thanks in advance.

D800 + 35mm 1.4G, F8, 1/160, ISO 100, handheld.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,

Jorge Macedo
http://www.jmacedophotography.com

JMacedo's gear list:JMacedo's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow