Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
D800/E Live View Tethering Solution for Mac
Aug 18, 2012

I have been trying EVERYTHING to get a live view tethering solution.

I teach photography and have switched from Canon (Many great software solutions for Canon) and needed a program to show students live view of the camera.

I have found only two programs that will give a live view of the D800/E.

First: Nikon Camera Control Pro 2. It works well. But the live view screen is small. I have used the "Universal Access" screen zoom to get a full screen live view but it is not ideal as I have to keep zooming in and out.

Second (and here is the surprise): Helicon Focus and Helicon Remote. This program is designed for focus stacking and exposure stacking (HDR). The Helicon Remote live view looks great! It is full screen, allows for a 100% zoom, small step focus control and single frame as well as brackets and stepped focus captures. I am loving it so far.

I have just gotten going with it, but I am sure the saved files can be placed into a monitored Lightroom folder and will be added to the LR library on launch.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow