ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chefke
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Canon S95 - weird spot in middle of photo
Aug 18, 2012

Hi all,

I've been using the Canon S95 for a little more than a year as a subsitute for my D300 for places where a DSLR is not convenient. I'm more or less happy with the results from such a small camera but there's one thing that's really annoying me and that's the effect in the following photo. I've thrown quite a few shots in the trash can because of this round blurry effect in the middle of the photo.

The effect decreases if I zoom in or pick a smaller aperture. It's always a round shape in the middle of the photo. It's not grease on the lens as the before and after photo's are mostly fine. I do get it mostly when I take the camera out of my pocket in a hot environment.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and know what causes it? Is this lens flare? Is something in the lens/sensor fogging up? What can I do to prevent it?

-- hide signature --

Chefke

Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow