Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
faterikcartman
Contributing MemberPosts: 506
Like?
If plagued with clogging consider Canon
Aug 18, 2012

I notice a lot of threads with Epson folks having clogging problems so I thought I would offer some information that may or may not be helpful.

I have an Canon iPF8100 and iPF8300. I had not used the iPF8100 in over a year. It was turned off and left alone. A few days ago I fired her up. Did a few cleaning A cycles. A few cleaning B cycles. I printed a few nozzle check test prints in between.

The first print before cleaning looked like such a mess one would be convinced even new heads wouldn't fix things.

But it didn't take much to get a perfect nozzle check and then make a perfect print.

Keep in mind, this may be dependent on the humidity here -- or general lack thereof (printer not in coastal San Diego) -- so your results may vary.

Still, it sounds impressive to me given all the trouble people can have when they let their printer sit.

And while I'm certainly not arguing that Canon prints better than Epson I'm pretty sure they each have fans who would argue on their behalf. So if you've had clogging nightmares this may be something to consider if you're in the market for a new printer. Keep in mind, however, if your heads do tank on you I think it is about $1,000 to replace them both.

You pays yer money and takes yer chances!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow