7D firmware 2.0 & the vertical banding issue

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jay S.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: 7D firmware 2.0 & the vertical banding issue
In reply to JTAnFIA, Aug 17, 2012

There are many posts that have been put on this forum that show it. If your style of photography lends itself to never wanting to lift the shadows for more details then you are 100% correct.. It is a non-issue for you. I'll even agree that unless you go looking for it, it is sometimes hard to see. It is there however, and even DPP has the ability to raise shadows to even out tonal details, so there is a call for doing just that.

JTAnFIA wrote:

I think you missed the part of my post where I stated for me it was a non-issue. The crop was purposely taken from an unprocessed image using freeware programs (Image Analyzer and Fast Stone) to go from RAW to TIFF to JPEG with no noise reduction, sharpening, or adjustments in order to give a worst case scenario. No banding monster reared its head and rendered the detail unusable. I would really like to see some 100% crops that show banding as a problem and explore what camera settings/software workflows were used.
--
Fish are evil

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow