60Da - First starlight (hooray)!

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Just curious
In reply to Jay S., Aug 17, 2012

Jay S. wrote:

Boy, that's the truth.. I still have a hypering kit buried somewhere.. Taking 36 exposure rolls, cutting them into 12's and reloading in different canisters after hypering, and then into the freezer! Boy good (or bad) old days. LOL

Faintandfuzzy wrote:

Trollmann wrote:

Here is another try (while waiting for a good dark night to catch North America and Pelican) - good old M57 and the 15.5 mag galaxy northwest of it (the galaxy is slightly enhanced on the rather rough jpg shown here).

The Canon colors are lovely, showing shades of teal and nice reds (ionized nitrogen and oxygen gas). The camera have met expectations and now that I have mastered the Canon touch (use Sony cameras under the sun) the camera is a joy to use.

Canon 60Da, 1600 ISO and 6x2 min exposures (stacked). Used my WO98 at 500 mm fl. No sharpening at all! From the jpg files, no BIAS, FLAT or DARK frame - have the RAW data and will fiddle with that when I get some spare time.

d

Nicely done. Amazes me how far we've come from my days of hypering film, using cold cameras, or even my old Meade Pictor 416.

-- hide signature --

Jay S.
Fuji 7000 / Canon 40D / Canon 7D / Canon 5D mkII

Good oldays I guess. Kodak 2415 tech pan, 2475 recoding film and the 103 series of films.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow