"America is not the Greatest Country (From HBO's NewsRoom)" / Oh, How True This Is !!

Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 19,832Gear list
Like?
Re: I have no problem with that....
In reply to lownine, Aug 17, 2012

lownine wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

lownine wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

lownine wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

lownine wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

I agree with your assertion, but why would you and I care. I don't live there, I live here and I am happy. I would not like to live in an American society. Some or many Americans do like it and it is fine with me.

At long last, we hear from the best religion of all..."Live and let live."

That is beyond irony coming from an American lol.

At the risk of inviting something snarky, I'm afraid I don't understand what this means. (I guess I don't do subtle, either.) I gather you don't permit people to deviate from the opinions you've assigned to them? (However, I do understand how convenient that must be.) Have I misappropriated a patented viewpoint? Not a big fine, I hope.

(For those who don't do subtlety...this is my way of agreeing and offering a compliment.)

If you don't understand it google "American foreign policy" that should give you some clues.
--

Thanks for the clarification. By virtue of my place of birth I am forbidden to think, let alone say the phrase, "Live and let live." If there are other constraints you wish to impose, I'm sure you'll let me know.

It's ok, just keep treading the party line, shouting "USA...USA" and waving the flag, no need to change anything

Well, Butterfly...no point in continuing. There must be static on the line. I said, "Live and let live", and what appeared on your monitor was, "USA, USA!" Call an electrician, maybe? Tell your ISP? Could it be malware?

Clearly, you NEED me to be your bogeyman. Since you have the script written already and you've decided both your position and mine, I suppose the rational thing to do would be to just step aside and let you have at it.

One other thing you might wish to look into. When someone says something nice (and tellingly, it wasn't even to you), it's not entirely normal to reply with vitriole. That suggests "issues."

I wouldn't call saying "coming from an American that's beyond irony" "vitriol", that suggests a lack of comprehension ;).

Say, I think you're beginning to enjoy exercising a superior and commanding attitude.

Nah...I'll leave that to your politicians, you can't beat a herd of 310,000,000 sheep
--
Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow