Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
heliguy
Regular MemberPosts: 371
Like?
Lightroom or Aperture?
Aug 17, 2012

My company decided to do a hard lockdown on my company laptop (HP Elitebook 2540p) which I use 70% personal and 30% business. I've got tons of stuff loaded on it including Lightroom 3 which I am just learning how to use (I have XP and it wouldn't let me upgrade to 4). So off it goes monday and comes back to me on Tues locked down, no downloading of software, restricted web site access so no dpreview or any of the other thousand of sites I visit.

Just bought my Graphic Design college freshman a loaded macbook pro retina for $4436.09 with tax and she has Aperature on it. Since I needed a new laptop, I ordered a lesser godly version of the Mbook Pro for me ($3650) as my new work and personal computer.

Question: I'm a lightroom newbie, like it ,but it's complicated. The Aperature reviews focus on how easy it is to use and still delivers the same quality of work. I did a search here and saw a some views on other threads, but would like y'alls POV.

Your thoughts: do I stay with Lightroom and continue to learn it or switch to Aperture?

A plus of sticking with Lightroom is I can run the macbook pro in windows mode and not have to buy the Mac version....

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow