Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
heliguy
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
A55 Durability - Thank You Sony!
Aug 17, 2012

Just an anecdotal thought. I got my A55 with 70-300G and 16-80Z about 15 months ago. I travel 3 nights a week by air to the western USA for for work. I have the KATA 3 in 1 22 to carry all of my stuff the 2 x a year when I really do NEED to have all my stuff with me.

I have a standard satchel type work briefcase (Briggs & Riley) for laptop, papers and stuff and one compartment that perfectly fits the A55/70-300G as you can see in the pix. There is no special padding or anything to offer added protection.

For 15 mths the combo has been carried, dropped, thrown into rental car seats and trunks. Stuffed under plane seats or jammed into overhead compartments. On vacations this bag and camera get stuffed into some corner of the minivan for the thousands of miles trips that our family of 5 takes. It's been left out in the 100 degree + Texas summers in the van for a couple of days. And survived the cold winters of the upper US left out in the van for a couple nights.

And so far, the camera has run perfectly. No issues, no repairs needed, no special camera cases required. And a highly reliable tool for creating the memories of life, which is the reason I bought it for in the first place.

I'd like to thank Sony for making a product that can really and truely survive the rigors of routine travel for a sales guy like me!

P.S. Secretly I hope the banging causes the A55 to fail.........Then I'd have a excuse to buy the A77......But based on what I've seen so far, I'm in for a long wait....

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow