Need advice on shooting someon with glasses (avoiding shadows and glare)

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rf24
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Need advice on shooting someon with glasses (avoiding shadows and glare)
Aug 17, 2012

Hi!

I recently bought a profoto d1 3 light kit and love it! I kinda screwed up some photos of someone with glasses the day after I bought the kit. I spent a lot of time trying to avoid the glare but didnt notice the horrible shadows the frame was creating. Also, the client eventually used a set of frames without the lens but unfortunately I didnt adjust the lighting to avoid the shadows going right through the eyes. Some photos are better than others but still, it was a blown opportunity because it was a well known client and I really wanted to do a good job. It was a learning experience for sure... mostly that I need to learn more! Fortunately it was not a paying client but it's been keeping me up at night stressed out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated because I think the person is coming back in to give me a second shot at it. Also, this person looks a lot better straight on as opposed to off to the side a bit. This seems to make things a bit harder I think?

Thanks!

Nikon D1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow