ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dadopic
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
The speed of my d800 shutter is too low
Aug 17, 2012

Hi,
I got my d800 not long ago and still learning while experimenting.

My previews camera was a d2x and while in continuos high speed mode I could hear the trigger shooting several shots.

I know that d800 has a max of 5 shoots per second. But to me it seems like one shot per second.

For instance, if I am aiming to mu dog face and after long time focusing holding half down the trigger to prefocus and be ready, when I finally spot the expression I want to capture I finally trigger the other half of the trigger down and rest assured the phot I took has not the expression I wanted to capture as it took way too long before the frame was exposures.
Is this normal?

I tried this several times even at fast speed like 1:500 sec. Shooting always with my beloved 85mm 1.4 G.

Is there some settings in the camera that may cause this delay between the actual triggering of the camera and the actual taking of the image?
Thank y ou all.

Dado

Nikon D2X Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow