Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DZacco
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
RX100 or NEX 5N?
Aug 17, 2012

Research is mandatory when shopping for cameras and computers but my little brain can't absorb enough information and schedule won't allow for endless reading and comparisons. Therefore I humbly throw myself to the mercy of the all-knowing members of this forum.....
OK, I'll cut the crap and get to the point.

I'm an amateur with little more than point and shoot experience. I can, and often do use manual setting when time permits. I am craving better IQ and much faster shot to shot times and have a limited budget. Video is also important as I create slide shows using various types of software so both the RX100 and 5N will suffice. I would like to know how the RX compares to the 5N in terms of speed, focus, video, and any other pertinent information regarding photo output. I do prefer the smaller size of the RX but the added bulk of the 5N won't be a problem either. What should I know about lens quality and assortment with the 5N?
Any information or additional recommendations will be helpful.

DZacco's gear list:DZacco's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Samsung HZ35W Samsung TL350 Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Sony RX100
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow