ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADMint
Contributing MemberPosts: 829Gear list
Like?
Battery drain with D800?
Aug 17, 2012

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing strange battery issues with their D800/E?

I hadn't used my camera for a few days but when I went to use it the battery was drained to the point that I could only get off 2-3 shots before it completely died. Luckily I had a fully charged backup battery that I used to get the shots I wanted.

Two days later I go the use the camera again, and again the battery (backup this time) is fully drained. I'm pretty sure I turned the camera off before storage, and it was in the off mode when I went to use it.

So now we're talking two (completely new) batteries being mysteriously drained. Haven't seen this issue before and I've had the camera a little over 6 weeks now.

Anyway I loaded the other fully charged battery and will keep and eye on things to see if it is indeed prematurely draining or "maybe" I did leave the camera on.

At any rate is anyone else experiencing battery drain with their D800's?

Thanks.
--
New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +6 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow