How do you guys compare the Samsung NX20 to the V1?

Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,344
Like?
Re: How do you guys compare the Samsung NX20 to the V1?
In reply to eliehbk, Aug 17, 2012

eliehbk wrote:

Hello everyone, I just purchased the V1 from b&h and I've been taking pictures with it the last few weeks. I do like the camera but I'm not in love with it. I do not like the fact that it has no external controls whatsoever and it's menu driven. Nevertheless I think it is a good camera that does not deserve the bashing that it gets everywhere.

I have 4 weeks that I can return the camera and I am thinking about getting the NX20, do you guys have any advice to me?
Thank you,

I will be posting my first V1 pictures in a bit

I already have an APS-C DSLR, I am not interested in a DSLR style mirrorless. I like the fact that the V1 is a "clean" camera, without all the buttons and dials other cameras have. Not missing the PASM dial, in my opinion it is not necessary at all. I haven't had a camera for a long time and never really missed it. In my opinion the V1 could have even less dials than the V1, for example I could do without the mode dial as well. There is no real use for that, video could start as soon as one presses the video start button with the red dot and for still images there is the shutter release anyway, so I don't know what to do with the mode dial. I am not disturbed by the fact that now and then the menu must be opened. That's the case with every other digital camera I ever had or have as well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow